Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Foray into Breadmaking


For the last couple weeks, I've been baking my own bread. I've been interested in doing this for a while now, and finally gave it a go. I found a great whole wheat recipe, here, which has been very yummy. C will even eat the crust, since it is very soft and the same color as the bread. It's easy, fun, healthy and frugal!

I got some books from the library and plan to try some other recipes, as well. I'd like to try some homemade English muffins and making my own pita pockets, too!

3 comments:

Wilcoxen said...

You go, my frugal sister! Make a loaf for me (well think of me anyway). I have attempted several loaves here and they are not quite turning out. The flour is different and I am sadly lacking whole wheat flour, but I am still attempting to get the bread right. I have heard rumors that you can buy whole wheat flour in Shanghai, so I have hopes that I will have some in the future!
Homemade bread is SO YUMMY! :-)

Janeen said...

That looks delicious. I think you should mail a slice to each person who comments on this post. : )

Sarah said...

I second mailing me a slice for commenting. Yums. My mother-in-law has been making their family bread since Aaron was a little boy. I've got a great recipe for "white" bread if you're interested. I make it maybe twice a month. I really would like to make it a more regular thing, ie; me provide all our bread, but I'm thinking I may have to save up for a breadmaker.