Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Poor Baby

I was able to pick Sadie up this afternoon, by myself. THANK YOU a MILLION times, Kristi, for watching the girls during their nap so I could do that. It's a 40 minute drive each way and I would've had to do it during evening rush hour, otherwise. Yuck.

Sadie's doing well. Still a bit drugged-up and dopey. Hopefully she'll get some appetite back tomorrow. She was crying for a while in the car and then fell asleep. Same story at home. She just wants to lay down and have her ears rubbed.

We are to keep her on a 3 ft. leash or in her kennel at all times for the next 4-8 weeks. And I have to put the dish collar on when we can't be with her.

Here's a post-op picture. If you're into medical stuff, feel free to zoom in and count the dozen staples in her knee!

1 comment:

MNK said...

Poor Sadie Sue! Shasta and Styles send their love and hope that she will get better soon perhaps for a visit next summer.
Shasta's limp is better. I think it's from all the jumping she's done up and down the rock wall.
We're all going running this afternoon. I got my stitches out and she's better so hopefully all will be well. We won't go far just in case.