Well, I am happy to report that six weeks post-op, the hole has finally healed up! It's scabby and crusty looking, but it is CLOSED. All the test results that Dr. V received back showed no infection. God has protected Sadie greatly, considering how long it took for that incision to heal.
We got the green light to begin therapy and have an initial 2 hour consultation next Tuesday. I'm thrilled! I spoke with the therapist on the phone and she thought we would be looking at 6-8 weeks of therapy. With Thanksgiving week in the middle of that, it may be January when we're done, but I have high hopes.
Next step - give that dog a BATH! :-)
3 comments:
Yay! That's great news!
That is awesome news! I can't wait to hear how therapy goes. Maybe I should switch to animals, I bet they complain a whole lot less.
Wow! YAY! She looks happy next to you in the most recent photo!! So glad to hear that things are turning for the better, I am surprised at the amount of therapy she'll be needing/getting! Stella is due for her first check up (staples removed) on Friday! I'll send you an update over the weekend! Go Sadie!! Go Lori!
Post a Comment