Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Preschool - Week 3 - My Blue Boat

This week we read My Blue Boat. It has a lot of nautical vocab words that we talked about, and talked about using your imagination.:

This was a fun week, as there are many boat related activities around. E found and colored this entire color-by-number page by herself! Her coloring skills are very much improving, as is her patience with it.


I made some tangram pictures of boats for her to work on. Of course we used the blue tangrams! She did well with this. Unlike C, I had the pieces outlined on the paper, so hopefully next year she will move on to the solid colored ones.



I wrote uppercase letters on a set of clothes pins, and printed off a lowercase "boat" card for her to attach them to.  She liked this activity:


Then, (thanks to our PF Changs dinner in St. Louis) E used some kiddie chopsticks to sort out the blue cubes into a container. We also counted the cubes:

This was one of my favorite activities.  I dug out some of my good watercolor paper and used a black crayon to draw a simple boat scene from the book.  Then, with a white crayon, we filled in the moon and sails.  E attached some foil star stickers to the sky.


Then I helped her paint the scene with her watercolors.  First, you wet the page with clean water. Then, blend blue and green for the water, pure blue for the boat and black and blue for the night sky.

The white crayon keeps the moon and sails pristine.  Don't you love how it came out?


No comments: