Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dress Progress (or lack thereof...)

To be fair, I have been making some progress on my dress. I had sewn up the bodysuit a while ago and tried it on. (It didn't fit my duct tape dummy because I sewed the crotch shut. Dionne wisely pointed out that I may want to change that to use snaps as it would make potty-breaks easier in the dress!)

It seemed a little big for me. I had made the size 12, which is what my measurements said. I guess patterns are like bridesmaid dresses - they always end up a lot bigger than ready-to-wear clothing.

SO - off to the store to buy the smaller size pattern and go forward with a size 10. I made the bodice part and took in the bodysuit I already made. Now I am worried that the bodice is too tight on me! (Oh brother.) So I need to buy some Spanx, go on a diet or let the bodice out. Or all of the above.


Here it is on my dummy:

And a rear shot:

Here's the bodice pinned to the dummy:

I asked C, "Doesn't it look sparkly?" She said, "No - it looks SILLY!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great. And yes I did have to look up Spanx.

Unknown said...

I think it is great! I am amazed that you have the time to do this! I know you have the talent! Now I am off to look up spanx. :)