Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surgery Update: Day 19

I spoke to Dr. D on the phone yesterday. I gave him an update from Dr. V. He said that I could still take Sadie there to have the hole flushed, but they actually use diluted Zenodine, not iodine. That was my misunderstanding from last Monday.

He said that as long as the drainage continues, the hole will not close. He said we may need to insert a drain tube to help the fluid drain out further down below her knee, to give that hole a chance to close and heal. I am SO grateful that they have been so awesome in letting me do so much follow-up there at no cost. I have to go on Monday to get more antibiotics for Sadie. Doug and I plan to see Dr. V once a week and Dr. D or C once a week for flushing and check-ups.

So far, she's not shown any pain after coming off the two pain meds, so that's good. She still requires a lot of coaxing and tricks to eat, but she's had two small meals of dry food for the past 3 days! That's good.

Here's Sadie's newest look, and our attempt to keep her bandages from rubbing her skin raw:

1 comment:

Christie N. said...

Hey Sadie ~ Cool pants, girlfriend! Get well soon!