Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bustin out the sewing machine

Whenever Doug goes out of town, I always feel compelled to accomplish some kind of project. This week I felt compelled to sew a couple aprons for my girls. I bought these dish towels a million years ago, made one (not great) apron for C, and stashed the rest.

I found a neat tutorial online and got re-inspired to dig out the towels and try again.

Here's the result:


Should be just right for when the girls want to "help" me cook!

Also, I found some motivation to organize all my leftover fabric stash. I have a whole bag of little scraps to be thrown away, too, but it's still sitting in my kitchen. SO HARD TO THROW AWAY! I must be strong. I will do it. Soon...


Before:

After:

4 comments:

MNK said...

I still can't believe you're sewing! Impressive.

Sara said...

Too cute! Lori, I'm so impressed by your sewing! You're such a creative cat. :)

Cathe Holden said...

Yay!! I love seeing how bloggers are getting organized with those fabric wraps! Well done, and fabulously darling aprons!!

Cathe

Lise said...

Surely you can make a craft for Caelyn out of the little fabric scraps...decoupage, maybe?