Here's what we covered:
Language Arts:
- Letter of the week craft:
- Handwriting worksheets (goose, gorilla)
- G Sound worksheet
- Initial Sounds: Gg worksheet
Math:
- Number 7 worksheet (jar and apples)
- Insect pattern worksheet (I made 2 copies and cut out the bugs from one, then let C glue the correct bug to complete the pattern)
- Number Line (I made this chart from 1 to 7 in Word, then asked C to add the correct number of nuts under each number. This was really too easy for her UNTIL she bumped the paper and all the nuts shifted a little. Then it was a good exercise for her to go back, count each row, figure out which ones were wrong and whether she needed to add or subtract nuts to make the whole chart right.)
- Greater Than concept:
* Used the alligator analogy to help explain the greater than sign.
* Used buttons and flashcard with ">" for C to place and indicate which pile was "greater than" the other.
* Greater Than worksheet
Science:
- Gorillas (read books and pretended to be gorillas)
- Gorilla Craft
- Watched a cute Gorilla story online
- Coloring page
- Science Journal page:
Social Studies:
- George Washington (read books and talked about George Washington. Some of the books I read were too much for her, so I used the pictures and paraphrased the story. The one about George Washington's teeth looked so fun - poor George loses a tooth during each major event in the story and at the end he has none left and gets some false ones. However, I forgot about how much C LOATHES the dentist and this book had too much teeth/dentist stuff in it for her to stomach. Oh well!)
Sight Words:
* Get, Girl, Green, Gorilla
* (I had decided to cut back to three sight words a week, but she really wanted to include Gorilla, so I added that in. She's doing great with them, but it's like pulling teeth to go through them all and at five a week, it takes a while to get through them!)
Snack:
* Grape Juice
Music:
* Edward Grieg
Bible Stories:
* Daniel in the Lion's Den
* Jesus Calms the Storm
No comments:
Post a Comment