This week was extremely low key. We've read this story many times in the past. It's a great "snuggle story." It presents a good picture of how much God loves us and that we can never run away from Him. E and I talked about this and related it to the story of Jonah trying to run away from God. There's such a peace in knowing that He won't ever let us go. :)
But, we did not lapbook or do any "ack-tib-i-dees" (activities) this week. I had recently found a math workbook that I wanted to start with E, so we pretty much read the story and did one math page from the book each day.
But, we did not lapbook or do any "ack-tib-i-dees" (activities) this week. I had recently found a math workbook that I wanted to start with E, so we pretty much read the story and did one math page from the book each day.

I Can Add (Grades K - 1) (Step Ahead Golden Books Workbook) by Patricia A. Reynolds - Powell's Books
Math workbooks are a dime a dozen. However, there were a couple things that drew me to this particular workbook. One is that it teaches addition by gradually introducing the concept of a number sentence. Two is that it comes with a lot of stickers. Some that go with specific worksheets and some that can be used as reward stickers on the other pages. (E loves stickers!) Three is that the pictures on the pages are in black and white so E can color them in after completing the page. For her, that is a reward in itself!
This was a good way for her to practice writing her numbers. For some of the harder ones, I let her figure out the answer and then draw a dotted outline of the number for her to trace.
As with C, I try to give her lots of encouragement and tell her often how good she is at math. I really don't want my girls to grow up thinking math is hard or something just for boys. So ask me in 5 years how that worked out... ;)
Math workbooks are a dime a dozen. However, there were a couple things that drew me to this particular workbook. One is that it teaches addition by gradually introducing the concept of a number sentence. Two is that it comes with a lot of stickers. Some that go with specific worksheets and some that can be used as reward stickers on the other pages. (E loves stickers!) Three is that the pictures on the pages are in black and white so E can color them in after completing the page. For her, that is a reward in itself!
This was a good way for her to practice writing her numbers. For some of the harder ones, I let her figure out the answer and then draw a dotted outline of the number for her to trace.
As with C, I try to give her lots of encouragement and tell her often how good she is at math. I really don't want my girls to grow up thinking math is hard or something just for boys. So ask me in 5 years how that worked out... ;)

1 comment:
I love you encouraging your girls to do math!!! Props from this engineer :)
Post a Comment