This is a short, sweet story about a little girl who wants to play with the animals by the pond. However, she inadvertently scares each one away. She discovers that by sitting very still and quiet, the animals each come back. We used an activity guide to help our discussions, found at LiveOakMedia.com.
This week we were low-key and did not lapbook. We continued to do a page from her math workbook each day, which is working out well. E needs things in brief intervals, unlike C who could sit for 30 minutes working on a single worksheet.
We did a little drawing lesson one day. I pointed out the artist's style of illustrating the story using only a black pencil and then lightly coloring the main characters of each page. We each made a simple drawing of a tree, rocks and turtle using the same technique. Here is E with her cute little picture:
I also printed out an insect box activity, which I found online at Kizclub.com. E enjoyed cutting out and coloring the bugs while I assembled the box. We made the labels into stickers to attach to the box, but left the bugs loose so she could play with them.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment