Hard to believe I am starting my third year of homeschooling preschool. This will be the final year of homeschool, as E will be headed to public school next year for Kindergarten. It should be the easiest year, since I am reusing the same curriculum that I did with C two years ago - the Letter of the Week. I have all my lesson plans, print-outs and manipulatives saved by letter so the prep will be minimal. I also have a much better perspective on how much (or rather, how little) is needed to properly prepare E for Kindergarten at public school.
How does E feel about it? Well, let's just say that we hadn't been home five minutes from walking C to first grade when she asked to do preschool. :)
The first week is an introduction week, where we do activities related to the whole alphabet. E is older than C was when we did this curriculum and she also is way more advanced in reading then C was. I will have to come up with all new sight words and probably do more focus on math. I plan to be much more relaxed with E and not pressure myself to fit in all the activities each week.
Here is E enjoying the first week of preschool:
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment