Yes, we did it! After several weeks (yes, weeks) of living with dropclothes and drywall dust, our family room is sporting a brand new look. I love it - crisp and clean and updated. I'm really loving all the farmhouse decor that is in style now and this is our attempt to bring a bit of it into our home. Doug likes that it is comfortable and not "froo froo".
I picked up an old window at an antique store. Not sure where it will end up, right now it's on the mantel. We are still thinking about painting the brick. Right now I am considering painting them all to match the dark brown bricks. Other option is to whitewash them all. Your thoughts?
We rearranged the furniture in here, too. Did you notice the "new" couch? It's my old apartment sofa with a twill slipcover. And now I'm going overboard by putting a blanket over the slipcover to protect it... Yesterday I took advantage of the Labor Day Sale to order a comfy chair and ottoman for the corner opposite the blue chair to make a nice little reading nook.
In the kitchen, the green really does pop the cabinets. We also painted the ceiling in both rooms, so that also did a lot to brighten up the space.
Can you tell I bought some new knobs for the doors?
We splurged a bit on these fancy switch plates, but I think they were worth it.
I removed all the photos and things on the fridge and have been asked at least four times if we got a new one! It makes a big difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment