For you non-bird aficionados, it's a hummingbird nest. Our neighbors are super-excited! I am looking forward to peeking in on them from time to time and see how two little birds will fit in there.
From what I read online, the outer part of the nest is covered with moss and plant fibers and/or lichens. The inside is made of plant down and spider webs. Too cool!
4 comments:
I guess Bella is banned from the Cramer household. She has a thing for bird nests and little birds. (and it is not a good thing)
Hey - those photos are from Maldives. Gorgeous, huh? I have no idea how much it costs but I imagine its a fortune just to get there.
Guess I'll be hanging out at Virginia Beach this weekend, instead.
I'm the neighbor and super-excited doens't even begin to describe how excited I am about these little eggs! I can't wait! Thanks for finding them Lori and making my summer:)
glad I am able to watch this wonderful bit of nature. Thanks for doing a great job of picture taking. Guess I'll be spending more time at Marlo's house - also loved playing cornhole with Drew & olivia - thanks for letting us borrow it.
Post a Comment