This week was brought to you by the Letter E and the Number 5. :-)
Here's what we covered:
Language Arts:
- Letter of the week craft:
- Handwriting worksheets (elephant, egg)
Math:
- Number 5 worksheets
- Pattern worksheet
- Estimating (introduced C to the concept of estimating. Anyone care to estimate how many buckeyes or macaronis?)
Science:
- Elephants (read books, made an elephant craft, found Africa and Asia on our globe)
- Science Journal page:
Social Studies:
- Egypt
- Read books about modern and ancient Egypt, made a cartouche for C's name online, found Egypt on the globe
- This coincided so well with our Bible Stories about Moses
Sight Words:
- Egg, End, Eat, Elephant, Empty
Music:
- Edward Elgar (couldn't find this at the library, but discovered Amazon has some very cheap MP3 album downloads which can be burned onto a CD. How sweet!)
Bible Stories:
- Moses Crosses the Red Sea (made this cute craft. Lots of cutting prep-work. I did this in the car on our road trip)
- Manna from Heaven
- I had C pretend to sleep in the tent while I turned off the lights, spread the "manna" (aka Cornflakes) for her to find in the morning:
1 comment:
Your lesson plans are fantastic! The girls have so much fun while learning in so many different subject areas. I love the Moses crossing the Red Sea craft.
Post a Comment