Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yogurt Du Jour

My girls both love that nasty, unnaturally colored, over-priced kiddie yogurt. I've tried in the past to substitute generic brand yogurt, buying strawberry flavor and even putting it into old kiddie yogurt cups. But they don't like the chunks.

So I had another brilliant idea - buy the vanilla flavored yogurt (no chunks!) and color it myself at home. The girls always eat the blue colored yogurts first, so I whipped up a couple blue concoctions last night and waited to see their reactions at breakfast.


It was a hit! I also realized that they can request colors and mix it up themselves. This could also be a fun way to teach color mixing (i.e. Blue and Red make Purple). At lunch C had pink, and E had purple. It amused me to hear C ask how the purple tasted...


2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a GREAT idea!! I'll have to try it with my girlies.

robert50 said...

What a smart mom my granddaughters have!